Our client has a full-time permanent opportunity available for a Production Mechanic in Surrey, BC
As a Production Mechanic, you will provide support for the production lines, troubleshoot and repair breakdowns in a timely manner.
• Ensure the efficient operation for production-related equipment.
• Ensure that equipment is within operational specifications and at maximum capacity.
• Establish and follow equipment safety requirements.
• Troubleshoot equipment when not operating within specifications.
• Understand the operations specifications of all processing equipment.
• Work with Production Supervisors to train employee’s on efficient and best practice use of equipment.
• Install, dismantle and properly store processing equipment.
• Ensure equipment operates within plant HAACP and WorkSafe rules.
• Conduct routine maintenance on equipment.
• Diagnose problems and breakdowns on machinery.
• Examine machinery/equipment to detect the root cause of irregularities and malfunctions.
• Analyse machine performance and work with production and maintenance to improve operational efficiencies.
• Maintain a documented log for all maintenance activities.
• Read and understand equipment manuals and work orders to perform maintenance.
• Work in a safe and conscientious manner and independently with minimum supervision.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, and assist on the Production Line and/or the Maintenance Department.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently, and understand verbal and written instructions.
• Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:
• Be available to work weekends when required.
• Be available to join the rotation between the day shift and afternoon shift.
• Be flexible, as start and end times can change.
Please email your resume email@example.com